Poppies Spa master massage therapist:
We are very happy to announce the addition of Linda D. to our Poppies Spa staff. Linda was a former message therapy instructor in Hawaii and brings her many years of experience to focus on the many maladies that can keep any of us from enjoying life to the fullest. During your first consultation, you will share the physical challenges you face and together you will choose which of the many types of massage will be employed during your therapy session. For this reason we simply divide our massage therapy menu into two categories which offer 60 minute and 90 minute time segments each.
Swedish / Relaxing massage.
This is a gentle form of massage that can include the following methods:
- Effleurage: a smooth, gliding stroke used to relax soft tissue.
- Petrissage: the squeezing, rolling, or kneading that follow effleurage techniques.
- Friction: deep, circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other, helping to increase blood flow and break down scar tissue.
- Tapotement: a short, alternating tap done with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand.
60 minutes for $65.00
90 minutes for $85.00 (discounted)
Therapeutic / Deep Massage. (Any combination of therapeutic massage styles)
This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries. This category of massage therapy can include:
- Cross-Fiber Friction
- Active Release Techniques
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Cranial / Sacral
- Lomi Lomi
60 minutes for $75.00
90 minutes for $95.00 (discounted)