Poppies Spa master massage therapist:
Poppies has not changed its prices or its massage structure for many years and in order to be able to offer this wonderful service in years to come we are revising our massage menu.
Deciding in advance what kind of body work you need can be tricky. Problems with your muscles, fascia and other connecting tissues may not reveal the need for a specific modality until the massage has already begun. A master level therapist understands this and will take their clues from your body’s responses during your treatment. We have found that a 60 minute massage is often inadaquate to address most problems found.
So as of March 31, 2020, Poppies will discontinue the one hour massage. We now offer a 90 minute, hands on, massage that will incorporate any of the modalities you and your therapist feel is necessary to facilitate a healthier you.
Your 90 minute bodywork may incorporate any of the following modalities:
- Effleurage: a smooth, gliding stroke used to relax soft tissue.
- Petrissage: the squeezing, rolling, or kneading that follow effleurage techniques.
- Friction: deep, circular movements that cause layers of tissue to rub against each other, helping to increase blood flow and break down scar tissue.
- Tapotement: a short, alternating tap done with cupped hands, fingers, or the edge of the hand.
- Cross-Fiber Friction
- Active Release Techniques
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Cranial / Sacral
- Lomi Lomi
90 minutes for $105.00
This is 90 minutes of hands on therapy. We do not include your undress & dress time.